Can you feel the burn? Choon can, and there's precious little left.Wednesday, August 27, 2008
at 11:12 PM;
Choon be healing silence.
With post.
This week sucked. Quintessentially.
What with
the evils of PW, the rejection of my Evaluation of Materials(EOM) and the crushing of the ground, being initially able to go home at 10am today but having a PW meeting at, of all times, 4.30pm, having to rush EOM by hook or by crook before tomorrow, having 9 hours of mindnumbing lessons, no proper games of frisbee to lighten the mood, no time to do anything I really want to do, History essay outline which Li Yuan and I are supposed to present in class tomorrow, the fact that I'll definitely not be getting enough sleep tonight and probably till the co(uncillors)ws come home (they stay really really late), irregular eating and sleeping cycles and lack of proper conversation school and all, I'm
dead tired and burned out.
Oh. Phew. Li Yuan said he'd do the outline himself and let me concentrate on EOM, since he's done with his. I feel bad.
Shall try to make it up to him somehow.
My guitar is rotting away, and so am I.
But enough of complaints.
Choon is too tired to continue and still be able to finish his EOM, so here's poem. I redid [irritation], which I posted a while back, and kinda fleshed it out as part of a longer, three-part/stanza poem. Wrote it when I was really pissed recently.
anger
\\irritation
and like the last droplet
off a faucet squeezed shut;
a string
goes
snap
\\wrath
quick-boiling; a fire-flood
consumes all thought and
ears buzz with the crash
of rage's furious strike
\\after
heavy;
smoke rises, and the simmer
of charred emotion
ripples through frayed nerves
as healing
starts.
time for nap.
the rest is silence;